View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206blogcom View Post
Thanks Ben for the kind words. I'm a Harper fan and a Nationals season ticket holder. I picked up a few of his rookie cards in PSA 10, then a few more, then I started to amass stacks of his cards. As a result, I decided to go after the master set on the PSA registry for the heck of it. Personal collection, but I do sell dupes (hard to keep track of what I have at times) and raw versions once I obtain graded examples. I went from finishing a T206 set to collecting modern slabbed cards; quite the difference. I'm sure at some point I'll get tired of trying to keep up with the latest releases and sell them off, but having fun at the moment.
Jason, it does seem odd to go from prewar to modern like you did, but I'm in the same boat. Although I haven't completed any set yet, I collect pretty much anything...from T206's to anything modern. In my opinion, it's refreshing to go back and forth from old to new...different eras and different things to appreciate about them. I love collecting VG type cards from 100+ years ago and Gem Mint cards from today...never gets old!! Good luck on your ongoing Harper collecting quest...very impressive indeed!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48