View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Tim Odeen

I'm not an autograph authenticator. But here's my two bits: considering that most people here said the Ruth autos are bad, I took that into consideration. I looked at the PSA website at their "legitimate" examples, and determined that your two examples have the "R" going way too far in both instances. On PSA's website, Ruth's R usually stops between the "u" and the "t", whereas it seems that both of yours extend beyond the "t" and stop at the "h." There are plenty of autos there for you to compare.

https://www.psacard.com/autographfac...l/babe-ruth/42

As for consideration that all cut signatures are fake, in my opinion, is crap. I think you would be well served if they could provide you provenance with their signature, but as others have said, autograph books were a very popular way to collect autographs. I bought a Rogers Hornsby cut signature, and the seller provided provenance from where he got it. I didn't like it because the signature appeared lighter in person than in the photos - I thought he darkened the ebay photo to make the signature appear bolder, so I resold it. But it was real.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo