View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
So someone went through all the trouble to put together the highest graded set but was too stupid to know when he bought an obvious fake?

PSA is at fault but so are the idiots who don't educate themselves about what they buy.
I want to agree with criticizing a bad buy, because in theory at least it seems artificial sales hurt other buyers by inflating values and overpricing future items.

But at the same time, I feel like any of us are prone to doing boneheaded things from time to time (even in life in general) and so the 'walk in someone elses shoes' metaphor comes to mind and I'm thinking we should rather commiserate.

But it sure is tough to figure out, since this wasn't a 3-day eBay auction that one might come across at the last minute, but would have been a 3-4 week marathon auction as those AH types tend to be, so with plenty of time to figure out what you're after and why. Now if he's like a gazillionaire for whom $5k is nothing, then I'm less apt to be empathetic over the mistake and instead just jealous of his gazillions...