View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Scott Levy

Forget to bring our signed Livingston T206

Really enjoyed opening day at the show. Saw so many folks that I've dealt with over the years.

The best moment
Chris Browne, Adam Goldenberg, Johnnie V and Pete Gustafson all appear at once time - It as like a T206 addicts anonymous reunion. Fantastic!

The "best sellers"
Surprisingly 1986-87 basketball. I can't believe how many folks wanted to buy my cards (or maybe I priced them too cheaply). Also 1952 topps and bowman signed cards were hot. Honorable mention to a lot of people who wanted our Ruth-Cobb-Speaker ball and Magie error - just not at our prices

My favorite quirky moment so far...
I put out a "show special" 48 1958 topps cards including around 10 HOFers for $40. By any measure it was a good buy. So this guy flips through them a bit, contemplates it a bit more and then puts down the stack. I casually ask him if there was something in particular he was looking for. To which he replies "filling a few slots in my '58 set'. Being a collector, I empathize and say, why don't you pull out the ones you need and I'll break the lot and sell them to you individually. He smiles, flips through the lot and pulls out 5 cards. I ask him if he needs those cards, he replies yes...but he's not looking to buy them right now.

As he walks away two funny things happen, his wife starts berating him telling him that he's so weird and asking why would he waste his time and my time. Well said dear lady - precisely what I was thinking. The second was a dealer who was watching him thumb through the stack rapidly whips out $40 and scoops the lot without saying a word.

Enjoy the national!!

Last edited by scottglevy; 08-04-2016 at 10:47 AM.