View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Kev1n @1les

We are leaving for New York tomorrow and heading down to AC on Wednesday. I asked my wife if she would wait in the PSA line for me on Thursday with a 1/2 dozen submissions but I got a glance and an eyeroll.

In anticipation of the big show, I did a quick analysis of 306 dealers represented on the NSCC webite:
36 states plus 1 from China and 2 from Canada are represented.

Highlights By State
NJ - 40
NY - 34
FL - 30
PA - 30

44% of the dealers are from those 4 states

34% are (104 dealers) from NJ/NY/PA

If you add in the 15 from VA, then the top 5 states represent 50% of the dealers.

The top 12 states represent 75% of the dealers
The top 20 cover 90% of the dealers

I have a half dozen upgrades that I am looking for to competely upgrade my 54 & 55 sets. If I find a really nice 55 & 54 Bowman set at a value, I might take the plunge on those. However, my experience has been that I usually don't find a lot of great deals at this show - especially on Thursday. At any rate, I enjoy walking the floor with my boys - as the $20 admission is akin to admission at Cooperstown to look at the awesome pieces on display. If I can get my submissions graded without waiting 2 hours in line and avoid shipping/insurance, then admission will pay for itself.

If you need me to scout the floor for you or get any pictures, hit me up on PM and I will do what I can to hunt it down for you. I have already highlighted familiar Net54 names on the dealer sheet and I will make a point to see your material.

Looking forward to it!

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set