View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Attention Mr. Domer: Came to a realization that this here pennant must be a Keezer. For one, it is one color with the standard thick tassels. But I’ve only seen this for the 1946 and 1948 WS, both of which had teams from Boston. (Keezer was in NH.) The 1948 which I don’t own was made two-sided with Braves on reverse, which helps identify others of similar style from the late 1940s including some roster pennants.

What I can’t figure out is ... why is there a 9 on the pitcher’s chest?
Never seen either of those pennants. I like the '46 one. I agree: could be by Keezer. Unfortunately, it seems they were a bit inconsistent in their use of maker's marks around the late 1940s / early 1950s ... I take it neither of these had any labels or stamps for either Keezer or their predecessor, Felt Crafters, on the reverse?

The Braves one is technically two-color; so if that's by them, it would be an anomaly.

That "9" looks really bizarre! I do have an explanation for it. The artist tossed it on there to appeal to the hometown/Sox fans' favorite player: Ted Williams, who wore #9

In my view, the Williams connection further supports your argument that this '46 pennant was indeed made by Felt Crafters/Keezer. Nice work!