View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Bumping this terrific thread that our friend Jimmie (The King of Clout) started nearly 11 years ago, I'm lucky enough to contribute this 500th post. Wow!
RIP Jimmie!

I'm very excited to add this uber rare ticket stub from 1910 at the CWS South Side Park III to my advanced no-hitter collection.

On April 20th, 1910 HOF'er Addie Joss hurled his 2nd no-hitter against the Chicago White Sox in front of 7,000 fans. Joss struck out 2 and had 2 BB, but what really stood out was that he made an unparalleled 10 assists himself in support of his no-hitter. This game would prove to be Addie's last dominant game in his short, but spectacular HOF career.

Tickets from South Side Park, which was constructed of wood are very scarce indeed. What makes tickets from 1910 special is that the CWS moved to Comiskey Park which was cavernous and constructed of steel in July of 1910.

CWS tickets from this era were not dated to the best of my knowledge, so the fact that the ticket states that it could be used for any date in the 1910 season easily qualifies it for my collection. It literally is like finding a needle in a haystack...

The seller recently unearthed this ticket from the bottom of a box in a basement that at one time belonged to his great grandfather who attended the game in 1910. It's appearance is new to the hobby.
Congrats. That's great. And the ticket and advertising are very cool.