View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Because of the incredibly kind and thoughtful assistance of Steve/brass_rat (thanks again Steve), I was able to obtain the lot of 3 different W516 WaJo cards that appeared recently on eBay. I am thrilled because 1 of these 3 cards is a W516-2-3, which is the only 1 of the 5 W516 variations for WaJo that I didn't have. The 5 W516 variations are shown here on the Old Cardboard web site: http://www.oldcardboard.com/w/w516/w...?cardsetID=818

When I compared the other 2 cards to see if either was nicer than the examples I already had, I was surprised to discover that the W516-1-1 that I just got is printed on white stock, whereas the example I already had is printed on beige stock. See scans below of these two W516-1-1 variations. Of the 5 examples on the OC web site, only the W516-1-2 is printed on white stock (and so is my W516-1-2 of WaJo). Here's my question: does anyone know if any or all of the other 4 W516 variations were also printed on both white and beige stock? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Different stock was normal on strip cards from what I have seen. I know W572s and many others come on both darker and lighter stock. Here are some from my last collection though these don't really show the white vs dark stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pw516varieties9x.jpg (76.2 KB, 63 views)