View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Reflections, etc..... A Tale of Two Unique UZIT cards' "finds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
there was a Uzit Herzog sold in REA in 2013, so apparently there is more than one. or did you buy the one in REA, ted and then sold it to Hall 2 years ago?
https://www.robertedwardauctions.com...-only-example/[/QUOTE]

Ronnie.....I stated my timeline wrong.

.....First, I'll reprise my story which I posted in Post #499 of how I acquired this Herzog card.

" 1st Tale......
My old-time friend, Ralph, discovered the Herzog UZIT in a collection he acquired (circa 1990's) in his hometown in the Great Smoky Mountain area of North Carolina.
He knew what kind of a "nut" I am about T206's with scarce backs, so we did a nice trade. But, he did not know how scarce this Herzog card was, until I subsequently
informed him that it was the only known Herzog with a UZIT back. So we arrived at an additional cash amount (to him) to complete the deal. As of this date, this card
remains unique. "

At the 2013 National, David Hall was at my booth, and asked me "what kind of goodies do you have for me this time ? " I offered him this Herzog / UZIT card (which I
knew he didn't have in his Master set. He recommended that I consign it to the Fall REA Auction. Of course he was the winning bidder.

Compare the SGC serial number of the above card on display with the one in REA....THEY ARE THE SAME.

I hope you get it now......as of this date, this Herzog card is still the only known one with a UZIT back.

Sorry if I confused you, I got my years mixed up. Time is moving too fast for me. So it was 5 years ago (not 2 years ago) when David Hall acquired this card from me.

TED Z