View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Banned

slidekellyslide
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigtrain
The Washington Shirt store advert on back of tix is dead giveaway. They didn't have a shoe dept until 1911 or later. They went into the shoe business after the Triangle Shirtwaist fire, when new safety regs went into effect making the shirt business less profitable, so they "branched out" into the footwear trade.

Anyone notified Legendary about this? Seems like if that's indisputable then it's impossible this is a 1906 WS ticket stub.
------------------------------------------

I would like to point out that in 1906 there are adverts saying that the washington shirt co. opened up a shoe dept. in the fall of the previous year so the shoe dept. making it "a dead giveaway" is a red herring. I think we had a little rush to judgment there. put down the noose. I am just kidding. But google is a wonder these days. Legendary can owe me. I squashed it before it got legs.

If it is hard to read, the review is dated Jan. 10, 1906 and is a review of the wholesale market for 1905, the image i have is bigger and i can email it to anyone who wants a copy. the image posting mechanism resized it into a smaller size i guess.

Last edited by travrosty; 07-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.