Thread: REA fun!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sports Auctions View Post
Reminds me of the T205 Matty Cycle back 37-1, was no big deal until it was auctioned off with misleading information about how tough they were. From that point on people have been paying a huge premium for the card. All it seems to take is the right person to give out some information and "Boom Goes the Dynamite" :-). As as the buyers are happy that is all that counts.
Lee, I'm not sure which auction you're talking about but I think the Cycle Matty is pretty tough to come by these days in relation to price. (Caveat.. I own one as a Matty collector) SGC has graded 25 of them out of a total of about 500. Obviously PSA numbers are skewed lower since they haven't recognized it as long. Compare this to a non HOFer like the T206 O'Hara Polar Bear version where SGC has graded 120 out of a little over 300 total and check that price in relation ($10K for a PSA 4!!). I get in that case, the greater percentage of O'Hara's St. Louis are graded. Plus, I've been searching on the BST here and other places for a PSA/SGC 4 + Cycle Matty for a while and haven't seen one in years.