View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here is an update. BIll and I talk a lot about the best things to do with the money raised. Our answer is always the same. Whatever it is we spend money on to save the most dogs is the goal. I know I have reiterated that several times but in a second there will be monies talked about and that is always the motive for both of us. I think I can speak for Bill on that (hi Bill). Nothing is off limits to save the most dogs. The hardest thing is that we can't save them all and it is heartbreaking sometimes. But we keep the greater cause of how many we have saved in mind, to help get us through it (and I am just starting). So with that said I am going to, with Bill's approval cut and paste a few very informally written personal emails concerning what he has been doing. This is from 3 days ago and more has gone on too...Updates on that later. Thanks again for allowing us to use the forum to help this cause.

Here is an explanation of how I have spent donation money. So far I have received $2,200 from the go fund me page. When the dogs are posted on the shelter "urgent" pages, people pledge money so that rescue groups commit to rescuing the dog. MOST of the time the target is $300 so that a rescue group feels it can cover most of its cost--vetting, boarding, transport. If they have fosters, so much the better so they don't have to board the dog. Just because a dog may receive $300 in pledges though does NOT mean he is saved--a rescue still has to rescue him/her. Sometimes dogs get $300 or more and don't get a rescue and are killed just the same.

What I have done is wait until there is about $150 or so in pledges and post that if we get $x x more, I will pledge the difference up to $300. By "challenging everyone to pick up the pledges a little seems to work since then they see that with my pledge we will hit the target.

For Jacy, I had to end up pledging $175.00 and she was rescued by the Australian Cattle Dog Rescue Assoc

For the two sisters I got a bargain and pledged $80 and rescued by YOU LUCKY DOG IN ALPHARETTA

For the two brothers I pledged $140 AND RESCUED by CASTOFF in Blairsville, Ga

Obviously, Jacy in baseball terms is a HOF'er and cost more!!!

So we saved 5 dogs, all which would have been euthanized Monday for $395.00

Am already targeting a nmber of them for this week..

that's the latest!
Bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg save1.jpg (74.0 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg save2.jpg (79.0 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpg save3.jpg (39.2 KB, 736 views)
File Type: jpg save4.jpg (69.5 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpg save5.jpg (77.9 KB, 747 views)
File Type: jpg save6.jpg (39.6 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpg save7.jpg (44.6 KB, 744 views)