View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Bruce Dorskind .. a question for you

Posted By: john/z28jd

I think the Bruces can speak for themselves but I dont think they took advantage of the school teacher. I cant imagine a teacher being that naive about a value of a card after 5 years of correspondences asking for it. Back when they bought the card $1400 overnight was a large sum of money for a card and that apparently was the teachers price on it,one that he held out 5 years for. It was also a very nice profit for the teacher considering what he paid the first guy for it. The guy never came to the Dorskind group asking for a value and he had 5 years to find out on his own.

If I paid a dollar for something I didnt know about and someone offered me $1000 for it,I'd be stupid not to look into it first right away. Years ago I bought a t206 card with a miscut and asked the t206museum.com people about it. They said it had very little value over a common but they were also interested in it and offered $35 I believe. I had no interest in selling the card because I collected them but I also knew when they emailed me back with a slightly higher offer(I mean slightly) that there wasnt something right. Less than a week later I got offers of $400,$700,$800 and someone who said they would top any other offer on the short-lived mastronet message board. It didnt take me 5 years to think something was up,it took 2 emails,and it was from someone trying to take advantage of me.