Thread: pwcc
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Leon had a great solution ... don't allow anyone with 2 or more bid retractions to bid on the auctions. You didn't address that.
I did address it. It would take approximately 96 hours to look at the amount of bid retractions for every bidder on every auction (with a threshold above $250). Which is only covering 20% of PWCC's auction. I think we can both agree that isn't a solution.

Quote:
How about, don't let anyone with an ebay account created when the card was consigned, or after, bid on the card without contacting the consignment house? That would prevent the consignor from creating a new account simply to bid on his card.
It would take even longer to look up every account creation date and then cross-reference that to when the consignment was received and that would end up being a purely speculative process. Brent might as well quit auctioning items and just work full time trying to nab shillers.

Quote:
I'm sure there are other ways to combat the problem other than throwing one's hands in the air and claiming it can't be done.
I agree.

Some of the greatest minds in the hobby frequent this board, I am genuinly interested in hearing a viable solution to the problem.

If we're going to sit at our computers and bash a small business owner, how about we put in a little bit of thought and figure out a solution.

Last edited by jhs5120; 10-17-2013 at 12:42 PM.