View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Jeff Lazarus

Default 2018 Collecting Goals

Thought this would be fun (I know there is a similar thread on the vintage cards boards). May help people stay focused, allow them to see progress and possibly even lead people to finding the items they are looking for (if someone else who has one of the targets comes across the thread.)

Here are my 2018 goals:

1) For the HOF manager line-up card collection - Pick up a 3-5 more lineup cards signed by HOF managers including at least one from the "top" of my list (would love to pick up a Stengel Yankees lineup card or an old Connie Mack signed card).

2) For the Jackie Robinson/Integration Collection - Would love to pick up a Jackie Robinson Negro League signed baseball. Also looking to pick up programs/materials related to Jackie's barnstorming tours, and other interesting items that tell the integration story.

3) For the Negro League contract collection - Pick up 1-2 more Negro League contracts of either HOF'ers or significant non-HOF players.

4) WWII-baseball collection - Find WWII-baseball items related to Hank Greenberg as well as Bob Feller.

5) Sell off items that are outside of my collecting focus.