View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 07:29 AM
Johnny MaZilli

What is shocking to me is the amount of dealers/people who buy and sell in large quantities who want nothing to do with card collecting. Back in the 80’s, 90% of the sellers were guys who actually collected cards. Now I see it the other way around 10% of the dealers collect and the remaining 90% its all business about the money.

IMO This is the reason PSA/SGC/Beckett etc are such a busy/lucrative business. To me, not counting modern guys, the passion is gone with most dealers for the cards they don’t collect it’s all about the bottom line.

I’d like to do a survey of how many people who buy and sell cards for a living actually collect. Hell back in the 80’s it was rare that a dealer wouldn’t have a full time job. Now with eBay and other online platforms many dealers buy and sell for a living as their only job.

It seems like many who buy and sell cards or are full time dealers are on this board. My question would be this
What percentage of your net worth comes from baseball card income.

It’s fun to to look back and see how this Hobby has evolved, to ponder its future.

Last edited by Johnny630; 07-27-2018 at 07:38 AM.