View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I just looked at Heritage's Terms & Conditions and their general FAQ on their site and there is no mention of taking credit cards at all. I've only won one lot from Heritage and it was July 2017. At that time, the info I saw clearly stated they accepted credit cards up to $5,000 and there was no addition to the 20% buyer's premium. I am not sure what they are doing now as the T&C don't mention it.

In reply to those who commented that it wouldn't be prudent to "eat" the 3% credit card fees, I would submit two thoughts:
- Large companies with high volumes can negotiate lower fees with CC vendors/banks.
- That argument is not considering the fact that the use of credit cards often increases purchases both in volume and amount. While it is impossible to know how taking credit cards would directly affect this type of business, it is entirely possible they would make additional $$ in bids because they take credit cards. It is my preferred method and HA and Sterling take them so I look there first for items I may want. There is a reason companies began taking credit cards in the first place. The primary two reasons are convenience and higher sales.