View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

"Interesting case in point, for the monetarily minded: in the last year, if I paid the usual AH retail dollar to obtain a great Cobb, Gehrig, Ruth, or Shoeless Joe, I would be lucky to be able to break even on the sale of those cards today. In contrast, if I was so inclined, I could make a much greater profit on some Harpers and Judges I purchased in that very same window of time."

Are you referring to a green Cobb or his rare postcards? Probably not. How about a 25 Exhibits Gehrig? Doubt it. A 14 cj joe Jackson? Naaaaa. Sounds to me like a straw man card you choose to compare to two particularly hot modern players. How many "hot" cards a year ago are worth far less today? New cards are like penny stocks: you can make a good profit if you sell at the perfect time. But like high risk stocks, if you hold on for too long, you can get burned. Even if the cards of the greats do stabilize a bit, they are safer than Cody Bellinger. I'm not sure that your hypothetical Cobb, jjax, and Gehrig cards would be hard to sell at a profit.

Last edited by orly57; 04-23-2018 at 04:28 PM.