View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Russ

Default HOF Induction Weekend advice

I'm a life long Braves fan and Hank Aaron collector. Visiting the Baseball HOF is on my bucket list. I missed the chance to see Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux, and Cox be inducted in recent years. Chipper Jones will be my last chance to visit while seeing a Braves player inducted.

Here is my question........... Is it worth it to go on Induction Weekend and stay way out in Albany. ?
I assume the crowds are insane and the weather is hot. On the plus side I assume there are tons of past HOFers present and signing autos. Maybe Hank Aaron even makes the trip to see a fellow Braves hitter be inducted...... as well as Chipper's Braves team mates who have recently been inducted.

Of course I could go on an off weekend, when the weather is cooler, the crowds are lighter, the tickets are cheaper, and I could stay closer to Cooperstown, if not in Cooperstown. I'm a fan of Ommegang Beer and their brewery is in Cooperstown. Hanging out there for a night would be awesome. Of course I would miss out on seeing living legends and getting autos.

Are the autos on Induction Weekend even worth it ? I mean waiting in line all day for 2 autos isn't my idea of fun. What is it really like ? If Chipper, Vlad, and Thome all get in for 2018 then I would expect a sellout crowd.

I'm looking for advice from people who have gone multiple times. What are the pros and cons to Induction Weekend vs. an off weekend. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Last edited by Hammerin'Hank; 01-17-2018 at 01:23 PM.