View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Miguel Sz@b@nĄ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_collector View Post
The problem with copy/pasting directly from your browser into the spreadsheet is that the formatting data may also have been copied (this is how it works with Excel on Windows, at least).

Two things two try rather than manually breaking that data into rows:

a.) Copy and paste it into a basic text editor and THEN copy it again and paste it into your program. In the Windows world, I'd use Notepad and then Excel. This will cause any formatting data that may have also been copied to be lost and *should* respect the proper rows/columns.

b.) If (a) above doesn't work, then again use the text editor but this time save the file and import (as opposed to open) it into your program. It *should* allow you to specify the where each column starts and ends, and should recognize each individual row.

Good luck!

Richard.

Thanks for the info!! I read about your method somewhere else too but I had already began with copy/paste.

Luckily I found a thread on another site (blasphemy acknowledged) which carefully details how to clean up the worksheet by using functions such as search and replace!! Still have a little work to do but I'm getting closer.