View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Mark Fox

Mike, I can certainly see that view point, and I applaud those individuals for keeping with the season and being charitable. I could reword my OP with my a different view.

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if my hobby budget is very small and all I have are items valued at $25-$30 yet someone is charitable enough to send me an item valued well beyond my hobby means at $90-$100. I didn’t ask for that, and perhaps that puts me and other similar individuals in a tough spot, don’t you think? No one likes to be thought of as a “charity” case. And while you as the giver might not care and think you’re doing a good dead, it might not be received in the same light on the other end.

Maybe I’m in the minority and that’s fine. I've been involved in many SS over the years and I've seen these reactions and feelings from people, I just thought that including an upper limit would help to eliminate any such feelings from arising by anyone involved. I would hate to know that anyone feels anything less than the holiday spirit after it’s all said and done is all.