View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
Wow holy crap $20 a case! I thought we had it bad in Illinois. The City Of Chicago is probably that high though, luckily I am about 20-25 miles outside Chicago.
Oh I see it is special packs that are high priced, I get so confused with cards since 1992; hence, one of the reasons I quit collecting as a kid in the 1990s, just got too confusing and difficult to get what you wanted. It all started with the 1990 Upperdeck Heros Reggie Jackson Auto card, then 91 Donruss Elite.
Here's a list online from a fairly big package store. The little places will usually be a bit higher.
http://www.capecodpackagestore.com/c...iquor-beer.asp
The Mass legislature is fond of "sin taxes" so we get a bit added on every now and then.

Yeah, things have goten crazy since then. Nice basic packs are usually under $2 and most retail ones are 2.99 for "fancy" stuff like heritage and Alen and Ginter.

Tha blaster boxes are $20 boxes with around 8 packs or so. (7 packs plus one bonus pack!) A bit discounted, but the packs also usually have a card or two fewer and sometimes the mix of inserts is diferent. And usually they have some special card that only comes in those boxes. The big 3 retailers left often have their own special inserts. Red borders in Target, blue borders in Wal Mart. Nothing in Toys r Us this year plus a $26 price tag! (Won't be buying from them...)

There is a bit of a gambling element, but At least there's cards to collect. Scratch tickets just don't work for me. (I get the sports ones for free - The scratch ticket people also litter and my yard is apparently just far enough away from the store that I get a bunch of them.)

Steve B