View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Wow that's cheap. Around here almost everything is a bit over $20. Not like the old days when red white and blue was cheaper than Pepsi. ($6 a case or less compared to $8)

I won't even get into how much the stuff I like costs

The packs at $50+ are pretty much just special inserts with sometimes a few "base" cards included to make it look like a set. I bought a couple of the equivalent ones - Edge graded football - when they were new and haven't bothered since. I do think the base cards that come in those packs will eventually be better than junk if only because of the cost of just getting close to a set.

Steve B
Wow holy crap $20 a case! I thought we had it bad in Illinois. The City Of Chicago is probably that high though, luckily I am about 20-25 miles outside Chicago.
Oh I see it is special packs that are high priced, I get so confused with cards since 1992; hence, one of the reasons I quit collecting as a kid in the 1990s, just got too confusing and difficult to get what you wanted. It all started with the 1990 Upperdeck Heros Reggie Jackson Auto card, then 91 Donruss Elite.