View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Not a huge fan….as a third party grader I would think they would want to be as impartial as they can.

Sure it’s great for Probstein but what message does that send other customers and auction companies that use SGC?

Then you open up the Pandora’s box of other folks wanting their name and mug on cards….before you know it you’re spending more quality control on equal distribution of stickers into pack ups amongst your advertisers. Making sure sticker A doesn't end up at company B etc.

For me I want two things when I send cards to a TPG. Quality grading and attention to detail. I may be silly but even the one second the person takes to remember the advertiser sticker when packing up my junk. Is one second of attention he’s not giving my submission.

Not to mention do you really want your company associated in any way with an outside source you don’t control? Then there is the sure to come the voices saying “hmmm boy that Rick sure gets some good grades….I’m sure it has nothing to do with the advertising cash and stickers.”

I can’t imagine the extra cash from an outside source is worth the above but who knows perhaps it’s a huge win.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 09-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.