View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I have often wondered how much better Levi would do if he showcased SGC and BVG graded cards rather than his apparently exclusive tie-up with PSA, although he certainly offers a ton of nice vintage cards at shows and on his web site. I think part of his success is the spread he achieves between the bid and asked prices I have never had much luck selling him any cards since his buy prices were quite low. His silent partner Jim in 707, I suspect, does most of the buying and Levi then prices the cards for sale. This, please guys, is only my conjecture as to how they operate. And I have to assume that PSA treats his card submissions the same as anybody else's. John Spencer
P.S. One related activity Levi provides is the reasonable rental of show cases to dealers, to which I availed myself several times over many years at the old Ft. Washington, PA show until I bit the bullet and bought my own.
P.P.S. Somebody once told me that before Levi got in the card business he was a champion drag racer in NJ. What a guy!