Thread: PSA order
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:31 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
They can get goofy that way sometimes.

My experience suggests that their selection methodology for which order to look at next can be pretty random.

Not that different than you, I have two very similar orders currently in process. One went in last October, and the other one in November. The November order is at QA2, and the October order has been stuck on the assembly phase for 2 months.

The degree of randomization seems to get magnified when they’re busier. And right now with some of the specials going on, they seem to be pretty busy.
And now I guess I know why my October order is taking longer than my November order. Just got a call from a PSA customer rep, and apparently 2 of my pieces from that order have gone missing.

Luckily, nothing particularly valuable or precious to me. They're basically going to comp me for the value of those items by giving me a credit for those values against my invoice for grading this batch. And the prices they're using to value the items are pretty reasonable, so it's difficult to get mad enough to chew nails and spit rust.

For any conspiracy theorists, these items are neither rare nor valuable - you can find them for pretty cheap on eBay, so unless someone on the grading floor has a really bizarre fetish, I can't imagine anyone deliberately absconding with these pieces.

But at the same time, it's the first time they've lost any of my pieces, which is a bummer. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll find them someday. I think I've seen other posters who have mentioned that their items were initially lost, but eventually found.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel