View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

That's fine Bill, I'm not going to get into it with you. I follow baseball very closely, and understand how much statistical analysis plays into the game today. You're a detail guy and pull out every single thread of information you possibly can ever find to support a point. To me, it's just exhausting reading that stuff. At the end of the day most of us are still going to look at wins, loses, era, strikeouts, and perhaps the batting average of the opposing teams and how they hit against the pitcher. We do the same with batters. Hits, runs, home runs, batting average, rbi's. and perhaps stolen bases. At some point, there is just too much information and frankly we can make numbers do what we want them to to suit our needs, or support an argument or to prove a point. So in your hypothetical example, you can have that 4 era pitcher at Coors who didn't have his gold glove ss all season long, and I'll take the 3 era pitcher at Petco. Any hardware between the two, I'll win every single time.