View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Cobbs - Which do you like best?

Posted By: Joann

I used to like Bat Off because of the colors, and owned one for 6 or 7 years. But after looking at it all that time, it seemed like it was out of proportion - like his head was really too big for his body or something. I don't mind Bat On, but in the T206 set there are so many cards with the green-grass-yellow-sky theme that it seems a little ho-hum. Of his four cards, that one to me looks the most blah.

I like green better than red because it's centered a bit better - not so much of the chest and torso showing. Also, it looks like the gaze is more clear and steady. I really like the red, but there is something about the way it's drawn that almost looks unclear or off-register. And the gaze is out to the side.

Hard to explain the diff in portraits and why I like green better. But it is a neat little study in the T206 set - the two portraits obviously came from the same photo, and yet received different treatments and had different outcomes.

Green
Red
Bat Off
Bat On

Someday I might switch the order of Red and Bat Off - those colors still are gorgeous, aren't they?

Joann