View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
The reason the buyer opened a paypal case is because ebay only allows 30 days to open a case and receive ebay support. After 30 days, a buyer can still open a case via ebay, but the seller can simply close the case on their own(as I have had this happen). Paypal allows 180 days for a return such as this. My understanding about videoing the package opening is that paypal/ebay do not accept this, or at least that was what I was told by an ebay rep when in a similar situation a while back. However, if you do receive the empty box, as mentioned, file a police report, file a report with the USPS and finally report it to paypal. Both ebay and paypal reportedly track users who defraud others on a routine basis and they accomplish this by reports from other users. Best of luck for a smooth conclusion.
I believe you can open in front of the Postmaster for that particular office, if he/she will take time to do this. I know they are paying more attention to crimes of this sort, so you may get fortunate to have a sympathetic person that will devote more time. You will probably have to make an appointment to take possession of the parcel at this time i.e. during the meeting to do so. eBay and PayPal will accept Affadavits as evidence. However, I do not know how much credence they place in this form of documentation. You may have to have the form notarized as well, which would complicate things....

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 08-23-2017 at 07:14 AM.