View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:35 PM

For those who are interested, the seller of the cards was a guy from Louisiana who came to Fort Smith, Arkansas because of John England's card shop. The cards were all loose in a huge brown box. We alternated picking cards in 1-2-3, 3-2-1, 1-2-3, 3-2-1 etc. order as we picked the EXMT and better HOFers and worked our way through the "commons" where at the end we were picking 5 or more at a time because it was taking forever. The third collector was the mother of a board member here FYI. She couldn't be present so I picked for her because she trusted me and wasn't completely trusting of John lol.
I had a similiar situation occur in the late 90's when a different guy from Louisiana came by with a small box of about 200 T205s in beautiful condition but I was a little leary of their provenance and only bought a Matty and a Donlin in NM. He said they were his brother's cards and he wanted to sell them. The guy who bought a few from him was also leary that maybe the brother didn't know they were being sold lol. In hindsight we should have bought them all, I guess. He did promise he would be back with a "substantial amount of Victory back cards" (!!!!!!) but we never heard back from him. That was 20 years ago.