View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I agree that most cards that are even labeled as reprints are technically counterfeit. Personally I don't mind "counterfeit" cards as long as the maker/seller has the word REPRINT or CUSTOM on the card. For me it changes the intent. Again for me the people that just make a copy are scammers and those that add Reprint and/or Custom are letting people own a copy of a card they could never afford.

I have many sets of reprints, some of them I have gotten from very respected members of this forum. I will use my 52 Topps reprint set as an example. It is a set(real cards) I would never buy but I get great joy out of looking at them and reading the backs.

I know I am probably the exception. I gave the last couple real 52 Topps cards(beaters) I had to a fellow member as placeholders for the set he is working on. I have even traded REAL T205, T206, and T210 cards for reprints. I won't even get into my forged autograph collection.

I say collect whatever you like just don't scam people.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, not everyone is so trustworthy out there. I just don't know why someone would buy 25 copies of the same reprint.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard