Thread: AH Blues
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
You're making a bold assumption that every winning bid is suppressed by the exact amount of the buyer's premium in every instance. Dollar for dollar. Percentage point for percentage point. BP equals 20%...High bid is suppressed 20%. BP 10%...High bid supressed 10%.

While the BP does suppress bidding. I don't think it's close to a dollar for dollar match....and the discrepancy there is borne by the buyer...not the seller.

And therefore it's not the same. It's additional.

Except for you and a few of your cronies. Who abide by the 20% off rule when determining your high bid...every time...without fail.
It is never additional in my case. If I am willing to pay 1000 for a card, I will snipe at 1000 (including shipping) on Ebay. If I get the card fine, if not fine. With an AH, I see where the next position is. If it is under 1000(with BP and estimated shipping), I will place the bid. If it is more than 1000, I am done. It is really not that hard. I am not bidding 1000 and then being surprised that I have to pay 1200 plus shipping. It may not work out dollar for dollar, but it is pretty close.