View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary cuts....

Posted By: zach

So lets break it down. You are paying over 20k an autograph.
Just by using ebay let me see how much it would cost to make this myself.

First, Ty Cobb. The bidder is paying $20,0000 dollars for his autograph when on ebay in completed listings, a signed and dated check by Ty Cobb went for roughly $900.

Second, Walter Johnson. Once again the bidder is paying $20,000 for his autograph. On ebay under completed listings there are no autographs on paper but an autographed ball was sold and it went for $1700.

Third, Babe Ruth. The buyer is paying $20,000 for his autograph. On ebay recently a very clear Ruth auto PSA/DNA certified sold for $1500.

Finally, my favorite Honus Wagner. The bidder is paying $20,000 for his autograph when on ebay a check of his failed to get a bid at just over $1,000.

So in conclusion, the bidding on this card is at $88,000 when it only cost Upper Deck roughly $5,100. I understand this card is a status symbol and could reach maybe $20,000 or less one ebay, but $88,000 ?!?!!? I don't understand it. I could buy all of those autographs and frame them where you could see all of them at once and not have to flip the piece around and it would still cost less than $6000 to do. Do people really care that much about the 1 of 1 or what not to pay over $80,000 more than what the company used to produce the card ?