View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 02:07 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
whoopi1947,
Thank you for checking in on this discussion board. My recommendation for you is that if you have other cards of this age and condition, you should consider sending them in to a 3rd party grading service (PSA or SGC) and having them authenticate the cards and grade them for you. This will give buyers no reason to avoid your and your friend's auctions, and the bids will rise.

If you need someone to explain the grading services to you, feel free to ask questions here or send me a direct message. If you sell a card which books ungraded in VG for $50, the same card could go for $10 if people think it's a fake or for $100-300 if it's graded VG-EX by a reputable grading service.

Spending a little cash up front to have your cards graded should reap benefits down the road.
I agree. Assuming all of that is true it would have been a good idea to advise your friend to grade those cards before selling on Ebay. If not all of them, at least the Cobb and Young. His expected return would have been much higher.