View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That's a great Penguins Pennant. Do you know for sure that it was sold at the stadium? Perhaps it was sold only via the Catalog, and that explains the rarity.

I'm guessing 98% of all pennants were to sold to fans in person/at the stadium, as opposed to them mailing in. I worked for a major (top 10) Food Company, who did Mail-in discount coupons as well as IRCs (instantly redeemable in-store coupons). Redemption rates on the IRCs were in the 90% range, as opposed to roughly 2-3% redemption for the mail-in type.

Most people just don't make the effort to complete paperwork and mail-in, and seem to prefer the ease of an impulse-driven purchase.

Just a theory... However, if you know for a fact that this pennant was sold at souvenir stands within the stadium, then nevermind
Great point. I actually have no idea, but you very well may be correct that it was only available via mail order since it's doesn't denote availability at souvenir stands and says you have to mail in to get those items. I bet you're correct that this was specifically done up by the Penguins for mail order because NHL Services licensed pennants throughout the league from 1968-1970. I'm sure you've seen the common dated ones that are all over eBay. A few from 68 and 69 are tough to find like the Penguins and Seals.There are also glitter varitions of those same NHL Services pennants, which are very tough to find. I actually have almost the entire glitter set- missing Atlanta Flames, Red Wings, Canadiens, Rangers, Penguins, Bruins and Leafs.

Last edited by islesnut; 11-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.