View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Default E.K. Brooks and Sons 1888 Boston Beaneaters Trade Card and Schedule

I just bought this E.K. Brooks and Sons 1888 Boston Beaneaters Trade Card and Schedule at a pretty steep discount and I discovered that there are in fact many different actual cards in the series - though SGC has only graded one so they just graded it as a single trade card without identifying the different title and image on the front.

The one I bought below has the title "Putting on the Curve" and representative image. It looks to me like there is probably a whole set of these and the SGC has only happened to grade one.

Here is another on Ebay which has at the top "A-Panic-er" and a separate image:

And yet another one has "Judgment" as a title and a third graphic

It's on firm card stock and is considered a "trade card" by the SGC. Once i send mine in they should probably be identifying these by the image and title that is on the card. I suppose I should contact SGC about this?There is one other in the SGC population report here.:

http://www.sgccard.com/PopulationReport.aspx?setid=3827

Ill send it into them for authentication - but curious to hear if anyone had any additional info on other versions or other teams available. My collection is totally Boston focused so it fits well but I'm wondering if this was a local only piece. Anyway, its pretty neat and I am excited to get it slabbed so just thought id share.