View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 11:00 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael3322 View Post
Agreed.

Also, don't we have existing examples of e-cards on Topps that have absolutely not caught on? Not sure why this would be any different. An NFT, like an e-baseball card, is not tangible and therefore doesn't seem any different from looking at images of the baseball player on screen anyway...There are lots of signals of NFTs starting to decline quite rapidly, but then again a lot of companies have invested in it, so they are buying positive PR. Expect more puff pieces about NFTs to continue hitting newspapers.
As I recall it was “eTopps”, and it faded away into oblivion. The basic idea has come back again in mobile app form for each of Topps licensed IP’s, as a F2P or P2W depending how you see it. The app will eventually and inevitably shut down and everyone won’t have their “cards”.

I’m a youngin’ and a techie who loves blockchain, but NFT’s don’t make a lick of sense and feel very much like a passing fad. I could be wrong but these are about the last thing I’d park my investment capital into. The dump is already beginning in some of the ‘hot’ sectors.