Thread: J. DeBeer ball
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Bill Boyd

Thank You Cedar,
I did see that site, that is where I obtained the little information I have. The color threads indicate before 1938, and without the sons mention as a maker, I would assume prior to 1916 I believe was the year he included the "and son" onto his makers signature.
With this ball being from the College League, how must interest would there be compared to one from the Major Leagues?

One other question, there were also available, both with no makers labels. Both very old as one almost appeared home made. Bat had fat handle and smaller knob. The other was a much thinner bat and not much of a knob on the end. With no markings on the bats, I know they have some value, probably around $20 to 30 each, I am guessing. I have no pictures to offer.
There was also a few very old softballs, I did not look for any markings on those as I was focused on this ball and other memorabilia that was available.
Is there much interest in softballs as collectibles?