View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 09:02 AM
Michael C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I just want to say, unless you are looking for something specific, saying you can't find items at good prices seems insane. I got to walk around for about an hour after I set up yesterday and I could've spent my budget 5 times over just on things I could flip immediately.
I guess it depends on what you were looking for. When items were priced in cases at 2X what the SAME item closed for in last weeks Heritage auction - its not even worth inquiring. It was like that on just about every 1954 Hank Aaron on the show floor. I walked in with the intention of buying one in a 3/4 range. I walked out just saying I'll hit one up online for a thousand dollars cheaper.

I came close to pulling a trigger on a PSA 3.5 at $3900. But the dealer wouldn't budge. An SGC 3 closed in Heritage a week ago for $2300 and a PSA 3 closed last week for $2300. The PSA 3.5 was about what you'd expect for a 3 range but had a decent sized stain in the top corner.

The dealer was actually insulted I asked for a better price. He said "Its the cheapest one in town. I'm shocked it hasn't sold yet"

LOL

Edit to add: I didn't even bother mentioning the PSA 4s in cases all over for $6000 etc. I just walked by those.

Last edited by Mrc32; 07-30-2022 at 09:04 AM.