View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Default Just when you have all but given up....

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I recently picked up a tough item on my want list that I had all but given up on finding.

About 6 years ago I saw a Chief Meyers M113 "Baseball Magazine" Poster in an antique mall in Sout Portland, Maine. Since I had never seen one previously, I was reluctant to purchase it. Furthermore, since it had a large tear on one edge, and a $200.00 price tag, I passed on it. I few weeks later, I returned and it had been sold, and I regretted not purchasing it.

I have often thought about how nice that item would compliment the other 25-30 Chief Meyers items in my collection. Only passing on a mint Buck Weaver 1911 OBAK in a New Hampshire antique mall that had a price tag of $90.00 about 10 years ago has haunted me more than my decision not to buy that Chief Meyers M113 poster. Seeing reprints of the poster only made me regret it further.

When one finally appeared on EBAY a few weeks back, I couldn't believe it. Although another bidder drove up the price, I was fortunate to win it for about $60.00.

It now proudly sits on my Cedar chest in it's new Rosewood frame.

Sometimes, it's worth the wait for that special item. Now if I could only find an excellent or better Roger Bresnahan T222 Fatima card!

Anyone else have stories of finally finding an elusive item?