View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Finally after searching for seven years I obtained my long sought after game one stub from the 1971 NLCS. When I started this project seven years ago my goal was to obtain ticket stubs from all of the post season games played by the 1971 Pirates. I prefer stubs as I want to know that the ticket was at the actual game. Along the way I also added an unused 1971 opening day ticket, a 1971 Pirates Season Pass, a 1971 World Series hospitality Pass, 1971 media passes for the NCLS games at Three Rivers and Candlestick, and World Series Media passes for both Pittsburgh and Baltimore as well as press pins for the Pirates and the Orioles.

There were a few difficult items to find. I only have seen one stub for San Francisco NLCS game one and two stubs for game two. I have no idea why they are such a challenge. The 1971 Season Pass is the only one I have ever seen. The unused opening day ticket is one of a pair I found but unfortunately I could not obtain both. These items were also the most expensive to add to the collection. The only ticket I am still searching for is a stub for September 1, 1971 at Three Rivers. Until I stumble across one the season pass will have to cover that date.
Have you tried HUnt Auctions?