View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
In an ideal world (for me), the flip would give an opinion on authenticity and alteration status only, letting collectors decide on the grade. In reality, though, that will never happen because too many people want their opinions spoon fed to them by someone else. The number of people I have met in my life who happily let someone else do their thinking for them is staggering. I'm not at all saying all slabbies are idiots, I'm just giving a "bonafide" grade lets the idiots into the party.
I get your point... but the grade really helps me when purchasing online. Unless you can see the card in person and move it around in the light it is really hard to judge sometimes. If you're buying 8, 9, or 10s it probably doesn't matter but if you're in the low-mid grades like me there could be any number of flaws that just don't come across in all pictures. If something looks like a 6 and is a 6 then great... if something looks like a 6 and is a 3 then that is when I start asking more questions or asking for better pictures.

I'm more interested in comprehensive grading notes online than the grade itself. If there is a surface wrinkle or light crease that a photo isn't picking up I'd like to know.