View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Chuck Whisman

I think I mentioned previously that PSA indicated that they only grade cards that have a known checklist. They told me that I could do further research on the cards for them, but honestly I have a full time job in the engineering consulting world and wouldn't know how to do the research they needed. SGC was helpful and said they would be glad to look at the cards and do the research needed to figure out if they can grade them. Beckett said the same thing. I use Beckett a lot for grading and personally have a lot of respect for them and chose to send the Mantle and Berra to them (in this industry I try to associate and do business with people who are good people). Their vintage guys have been very nice and helpful in the past. I agree it would be awesome to find out more about these cards and Mascot Dog Food in general. The board on Net54 has been great (and Leon!) to try to help, and some good people in the industry have reached out to many regional and vintage experts, with many people having heard of the product (I think mainly due to the Robin Roberts that was know to exist and the mystery behind what other cards may have been out there). Finding out more information on Mascot Dog Food Company or this regional set would be great, and any suggestions would be much appreciated. Wheatland Auction Services was a very easy choice since it's owned by my wife! They have a strong pool of awesome buyers/collectors and I figured it would be best to get it in the hands of the right owner sooner, rather than later. Plus it's been fun finding such unique cards and many good vintage collectors are very excited about the cards. I hate talking about the Mantle so much, because the Berra is also very cool!