View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
Long ago, I used to run a show a couple times a year in Rome, GA. I was a fairly recognized promoter and I might go back to it one day but there's some crazy stuff going on. I can't believe that virtually anyone who has ever played in any league is commanding $20 an autograph now. I used to do free or $2 autographs, usually paid the guys $200 or less. I had a lot of good players at my show including Bobby Richardson, Wally Moon, Gene Tenace, Jim Bibby, Bullet Bill Dudley, Sam Pihos and others. It made the show special and both the fans and the players loved it. I might do another show someday, but it will be an adjustment.
That's my neck of the woods. But I grew up in Marietta, Ga.
The only shows I ever remembered were at the Cobb Civic Center.
There might be a few small shows at the Mariott or something I recall in the past. Basically there is nothing much here. I visist the card store in Kennesaw area once a moon.
Todd- I never heard of your shows, when was this?? Would love to hear more about them. My elders were born/raised there. I moved back in 97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesHOF View Post
Small world Todd! My son lives within walking distance of State Municipal Stadium in Rome, GA.
Oh, he must live in those new condo-ish building then. Those went up fast. It indeed is a small world. That's basically at my back door too.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 01-14-2019 at 01:01 PM.