View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 DRUM and AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 No Frame (NF) cards....perfect together

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

HOFers in the AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 NF // DRUM sub-set

Tim Cathey posted a thread in July 2010 which presented that the AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 No Frame (NF) and the DRUM cards were a "matched set". Tim's exact words were:
" If a 350/460 player can be found with an American Beauty 350 No Frame back they should also be found with a Drum back and visa versa. " And, this rule has withstood the
test of time as new DRUM cards have been discovered these past 7 years. The one exception to this rule is Mullin (bat), who has not yet been confirmed with a DRUM back.
I completely expect that the Mullin / DRUM card will eventually surface. Refer to Tim's thread...... Matching set....American Beauty 350 (No Frame) and Drum

Posted in 2015, the following theory regarding the AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 (NF) series of 37 subjects is based on my long term experience tracking down these AB 350 cards.
Especially, the Nichols (with bat) card and the Stahl (glove) card. These 2 cards have proven to be considerably tougher to find with the AB 350NF back (and the DRUM back)
than the other 35 guys in this group. My theory suggests this group was printed in a 36-card (12 x 3) format. Nichols was in the initial print runs, while Stahl was not. Nichols
retired April 25, 1910. American Litho replaced him on their 36-card format with Jake Stahl. This theory has been proven by empirical means, and by Pop report data **

Nicholls AB 350NF POP report (SGC + PSA) is 7 cards.
Stahl AB 350NF POP report (SGC + PSA) is 8 cards.
The POP report (SGC + PSA) of any of the remaining 35 subjects in this group averages 14 cards each.

For further info on this subject refer to thread...... Theory regarding AB 350 NF printing

350-only series example
350/460 series example

AMERICAN BEAUTY 350NF // DRUM (37 subjects) checklist

Baker
Bender (no trees)
Burch (fielding)
Conroy (bat)
Crawford (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Downey (bat)
Doyle (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Griffith (bat)
Jennings (two hands)
Johnson (pitching)
Jordan (bat)
Konetchy (glove low)
Lake (St Louis-no ball)
Leifield (bat)
Magee (bat)
Manning (pitching)
McQuillan (bat)
Mullin (with bat) *

Murphy (bat)
Nichols (bat) ..................... initial press runs
Overall (yellow sky)
Pelty (vertical)
Pfeister (throwing)
Reulbach (no glove)
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Stahl (glove) ..................... replaced Nichols in subsequent press runs
Steinfeldt (bat)
Street (catching)
Sweeney (New York)
Wagner (bat on right shoulder)
Wilhelm (bat)
Willetts
Willis (bat)
Wiltse (pitching)

* NOTE
Mullin (with bat) has yet to be confirmed with DRUM. I feel certain this card will eventually be discovered.

** Note
While I realize POP report data cannot be considered as absolute, I think it's fair to say that the POP data
is representative of the relative availability of certain cards with respect to other cards within that group.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 06-29-2017 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Correct typo.