View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 05:13 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
How would that work if the seller offered Free Shipping? They have the cost of the shipping, but didn't show it separately in the sale. Does that make them out of luck on that part of it? It's one of the reasons I hate free shipping for cards.
This is one of the best reason's not to offer free s/h on anything on ebay...if buyer's remorse is involved, a seller is not out the expense of the original s/h.

With free s/h, a seller is obviously out the money on their original s/h when buyer's remorse is involved

The worst case of return abuse I have heard of is a buyer, who is actually a large seller on ebay, who bought multiple items from one seller on a single order. This buyer then requested an NAD return on multiple items from the order.....one a day for four straight days. The seller was then obligated to pay separate return s/h on each card that was returned. Needless to say the seller received a refund back from ebay when it was pointed out to ebay what this "buyer" had done.

With this same buyer, I had a clear case of buyer's remorse (this buyer didn't read the description) and when I contacted ebay about changing the NAD claim to a buyer's remorse claim, the CSR hesitated for a moment and said "wow". I asked what that meant, he said w/o looking at my listing or hearing me out about changing the claim, I will change this to a buyer's remorse claim....obviously not the first time a seller has contacted ebay in regards to this buyer.