View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 11:50 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
LOL, problem is DeVito is keeping them from being able to draft a game changer at the top of the draft.

I think they have to draft somebody, but the question is if this is the type of draft that a top talent falls closer to the middle of the pack in the draft order.

Giants are really only tied to Jones for 1 more year.

If a no-brainer is available at their pick this year, take him. If not wait another year and see if DeVito actually turns into something next year. Only a matter of time before Jones gets hurt again, unless they really step up their offensive line play...and it's been like 10 years since they've had a serviceable offensive line as it is.

Lets not get carried away with DeVito yet. Giants just beat 3 very bad to very mediocre teams, mostly on the back of their defense and getting turnovers. Anybody with a pulse, usually blows them out.

He's proven to be a good game manager so far and doesn't turn the ball over like Jones (at least not yet). He's essentially Tyrod Taylor, if Tyrod Taylor didn't get hurt every time he got a chance to play.

I think he might have won himself at least a backup job for a long time in this league. He's an older rookie. Almost as old as Dan Jones already. Probably a high floor, low ceiling type of player (ie, Tyrod Taylor, Gardner Minshew, Jacoby Brisett, etc..)
I think if any of the top 4 QBs are available (Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, JJ McCarthy) you draft them. I am not sure you draft Bo Nix or Michael Penix Jr. so high. I guess you could trade down for them.