View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:59 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
in my opinion the mile high auction was crazy hi.. unitl I see a 2nd sell for over $2K im considering that a battle between 2 guys for that 1 particular card... Id be surprised if it was more than 2 people bidding that up all the way...I wish we could see a list of the number of bidders on each lot... bidder #1 vs Bidder #2 for example.

its funny how back in 1910...some guy... probably his first day on the job... put a sheet in upside down... then lined the sheet up off center and cut it... and his mistake is worth thousands these days...

I solute you.. rookie factory worker from 1910.
Jamie, no offense but that is a really silly comment. This was just a case of a bidding war between two interested parties regarding this item? Jamie that describes just about every auction. There can’t be two or more under bidders ever. There is a winner an under bidder and folks who participated that’s it (and sometimes folks shilling.) LOL

Jamie you can say you wouldn’t pay that price yourself that’s 100% fair, but to say something is crazy high or anomaly is not perhaps the proper way of looking at it. As the market clearly showed what someone was willing to pay for the item the other night.

IMO it’s very hard to set value on many of these cards because some of them trade so irregularly one could put ballparks to some cards but others it’s very hard to say until they are offered. Then through the process of an auction a price is realized. Regardless of how many people participate.

Exactly the point with Leon’s other thread about what would these sell for. Leon knows my private offer but to truly see what the market will show he needs to put them off in an auction and wait till closing night.

Will I get the same down the road? Will I get more? Did I over pay? The market will decide that when it’s sold.

In the end all cards are worth only what somebody is willing to pay. In regards to these oddballs the market is even less defined and way more thin because each one is one of kind per say and they trade way less often.

Cheers,

John