View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Dan Bretta

I have decided that I am done shipping internationally on ebay...won't even use their stupid Global Shipping Program anymore. I sent an item to Mexico (rare boy scouts patch)...the buyer after two weeks opened a case against me...tracking showed the item was in customs. Ebay sided with the buyer and automatically deducted the money from my paypal. A few weeks pass and I decide to check on the status of the patch...it was delivered. I contact ebay and they tell me to pound sand, but I am free to try and invoice the buyer through paypal. I contact the buyer, he says he's out of town for the next month, but will check on it when he gets home.

As far as the GSP goes, I have had so many international buyers back out of transactions now because the fees that ebay is charging are ridiculous that it's not even worth using the program. They are even charging customs fees on items that don't even apply to customs fees in whatever country an item is going to. I'm starting to wonder if ebay is deliberately trying to kill their own company.