Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks Tom!! I would love to have something hanging in Cooperstown, but they're a few hurdles to jump over. Unfortunately, as you may or may not know, they NEVER buy anything, whether it's a painting or an artifact. They're always expected people to donate their stuff to the place, especially since they were pretty much founded under that very concept.

Under normal circumstances, I would be alright with such a thing (though ideally I would love to have the museum actually purchase something), but, if they did get a donated painting, they couldn't guarantee that it would stay in their permanent collection. What that means is that it can basically sit in a warehouse forever and never see the light of day, be sold at a fund-raising auction, or who knows?

I'll admit, it would be awesome to say that the Hall of Fame owns some of my work, but I think if there was any way that they could actually approach me and purchase something, or at least guarantee that the painting would stay in their permanent collection, I'd be MUCH more inclined...

Maybe one day...